TRIPAWDS: Home to 12571 Members and 1445 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Mar 07 2010

4 Month Ampuversary!! And a Birthday Celebration too.

Published by under Uncategorized

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

We are celebrating Mackenzie’s 4 month ampuversary this weekend!!   I just can’t believe how the time has flown by.  It seems like just in this last week alone, her energy level has increased tenfold.  She really is the puppy dog she was a year ago.  Just the other day, she climbed the very steep hill we have in our backyard again (this time I was home but not keeping my eye on her.)  When I saw her I called for her and she looked at me in her usual fashion and then kept right on running across the wall and up the hill to the top.   So of course I ran to get my camera – have to show her athletic side off!  She’s been barking away at the coyotes, she’s now chasing her brother across the yard like they used to do and she’s even running up the stairs, yes literally running.  She’s talking to me more than ever  and of course, always begging for those treats every chance she gets.   We will also be celebrating her 8th birthday on March 20th – I didn’t know if I’d ever see this day when she was first diagnosed back in Sept.  but we will and I am forever grateful to have my puppy dog back!

It's a Mackenzie Sighting!

There she goes!

Hoppin along the wall

Climbing Higher and Higher

See Mom I told you I could do it!

My 2 Little Treat Monsters

Back at it again! Forever rough housing...

Tug o' war at its best

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

14 responses so far

14 Responses to “4 Month Ampuversary!! And a Birthday Celebration too.”

1.   cemilon 07 Mar 2010 at 10:24 am

Yay Mackenzie!! It looks like you’re doing great! Congratulations on your ampuversary, and I hope your birthday is one great big celebration with ice cream and everything. Keep the pictures coming!

Mary and Cemil

2.   jack crowderon 07 Mar 2010 at 11:52 am

Mackenzie, YOU ROCK!!!!! You go girl!!!!!

Congratulations on 4 months and here’s to a million more!

We golden girls know how to get our mom’s to dish out the treats!

Hoppy eighth birthday, party on!

Your friend, Shelby, the P.P.

3.   Hopalong Harleyon 07 Mar 2010 at 12:06 pm

Hoppy 4month Ampuversary and 8th Birthday, Mackenzie!!! We wish you many, many more to come!!!

-Gwen & Harley

4.   maximutton 07 Mar 2010 at 12:07 pm

MacKenzie, congratulations on your four month ampuversary, and your upcoming 8th birthday! You are one heck of a dog, climbing all the way to the top of that hill! You’re awesome!!

Di

5.   maggieon 07 Mar 2010 at 1:50 pm

Happy ampuversary and soon your 8th Birthday! So glad you’re still here to celebrate it so your Mom can give you loads more treats! You ROCK, girl, climbing up that hill!! 🙂 Good for you!

Maggie

6.   Opieon 07 Mar 2010 at 2:19 pm

Happy 4 month Ampuversary Mackenzie! Wow you have a nice forest to run around in. No wonder you like to climb that hill! Opie

7.   Peyton's Pathon 07 Mar 2010 at 3:24 pm

Your post warmed our hearts! Mom has tears of joy in her eyes for you Mackenzie! Happy 4 months!!

Keep on climbing, glad your Mom got pictures!!

XOXO
    Dillon and Rhys

8.   Tanaon 08 Mar 2010 at 10:39 pm

Happy Birthday, Mackenzie ! You are a beautiful girl – and very photogenic ! Looks like a great backyard.

So glad to see and hear that you are doing so well. Keep it up !

Tana and Sophie

9.   Tehya's Momon 09 Mar 2010 at 9:09 am

Oh Mackenzie you have brought tears to my eyes watching you climb the hill and to know that you are celebrating two huge events one yesterday and another in the very near future! I sort of feel as I am your adopted Auntie and love to hear of all the good things that you are accomplishing!

I know that you would have received lots and lots of good treats from your Mom yesterday and just think there will be more to come on the 20th!

Keep up the good work!
    Love to you all from across the border.
    Darlene

10.   gineejon 09 Mar 2010 at 1:30 pm

Yeah Mackenzie….4 months is a wonderful reason to celebrate!! I love all the pictures of you & your brother…..glad you are showing the world there are no limits for a Tripawd!

Keep up the good work,
    Ginny & Angel Paris

11.   Mackenzie's Momon 10 Mar 2010 at 8:48 am

Thank you all for your wonderful support and well wishes. It really means so much to us during this time. We will be deciding whether to do her 6th and final chemo treatment, which is scheduled for next Tuesday, once she has a full chemistry blood panel and urinalysis done on Thursday. I’m really mixed on this because she’s feeling so good now and she’s not had such an easy time following each of her chemo treatments. Will keep you posted and hopefully we’ll have good results…..

And yes, Auntie Darlene, thank you for your special thoughts. We are thinking of you and Angel Tehya every day and know that she’s bringing you lots of love, hugs and kisses from above :). xoxo Kami

12.   anyemeryon 10 Mar 2010 at 6:57 pm

Happy Belated Ampuversary, Mackenzie! We’re sorry we missed your blog earlier this week… Holly wants to make up for it by having extra treats in your honor. (have you noticed a trend here?)

You look absolutely pawsome in your pictures! You go, Girl!!!

Good luck with the chemo decision. Holly had her 3rd treatment yesterday, and I’m taking the wait and see approach to the 4th… we’ll see how this one goes since the last one was rough. I totally know what you mean when they’re feeling so good… We’ll keep our paws and fingers crossed that all goes well with her bloodwork and urinalysis.

Lots of hugs,
    Holly and Holly’s mom

13.   Gracie Girlon 16 Sep 2010 at 3:22 pm

Happy belated ampuversary!!! These are the kids of success stories that I love to hear and embrase. i love your blog and I am so happy for Mackenzie and your family. Grace is quickly approaching her 3rd month ampuversary and she is doing great! very puppy like, active, interested, playful…all the things a happy dog does. Sending positive thoughts your way.

With Love, Erin and Grace