TRIPAWDS: Home to 14156 Members and 1266 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

May 16 2010

Mackenzie – Our Olympic Tripawd Swimmer Video

Published by under Uncategorized

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

We are so amazed and proud of Mackenzie!!  This weekend was the first time Mackenzie  swam in the pool as a Tripawd.  She was so pawesome!! Words can’t describe it.  First starting in her float coat – a total natural and then just leaving her float coat behind – she was swimming and diving just like she always used to do on 4 legs.  She loves the water so much and we are so proud of her because she did not miss a beat or stroke I should say!  So here is my Tripawd Olympian California Girl  in her glory! (Sorry to be the braggart Tripawd pawrent but we’re just so proud of her!)

P.S. Her little brother Kobe is afraid of the water – a golden retriever!!  Go figure – so you you’ll see him on the sidelines 🙂

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

25 responses so far

25 Responses to “Mackenzie – Our Olympic Tripawd Swimmer Video”

1.   maximutton 16 May 2010 at 8:47 pm

Looks like your girl was never out of the water!

Lookin’ good Mackenzie!! Looks like you’re going to have one cool summer!!

2.   Tanaon 16 May 2010 at 10:03 pm

That was fabulous ! Mackenzie looks so happy. She could most definitely win the Canine Paralympic Diving / Retrieving Competition. You SHOULD be very proud.

Silly Kobe … come on in … the water’s fine …. 😉

3.   Tehya's Momon 16 May 2010 at 10:13 pm

Oh my gosh Mackenzie you have me crying again! I am so very proud of you!!! Your angel friend loved the water too you would have loved swimming with her if you ever got the chance. The dive was a perfect 10…Kobe come on you are a Golden get in there and I’m sure you will never get out!

Keep up the good work Mackenzie you are doing amazing!

Darlene (Angel Tehya’s Mom)

4.   Hopalong Harleyon 16 May 2010 at 10:17 pm

Oh my dog, that was PAWESOME! Go Mackenzie, go!! You definitely should be proud!!! Loved it!

5.   Rosie's Momon 17 May 2010 at 6:41 am

WOW!!! She is great! No Wonder you are proud of her. It is amazing! She has swiming experience you can tell. She just swam like she wasn’t missing anything. Her energy level seems very good. Rosie doesn’t have that much energy to play like that. Your girl is going to be just fine. I think you’re going to have her around for a long while. I bet you are relieved to see how good she is doing. The swimming video was so cute. Keep up the good work!!! Even without a float coat! that’s amazing!

6.   rubyazon 17 May 2010 at 7:27 am

That was awesome Mackenzie! We just got Tasha a vest and soon she will be able to go swimming in the river again I hope she will be even half as graceful in the water as you are. I loved the video Mackenzie!!

Jo Ann & Tasha

7.   maggieon 17 May 2010 at 7:54 am

Dear Mackenzie,

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for the smile this morning!! (and the wet eyes! 😉

GOOD for you girl! You looked fabulous!!! You can show your brother how to swim even with three legs!!! 🙂

Tracy, Maggie’s Mom

8.   Ginaon 17 May 2010 at 8:35 am

Oh, that is great!!!! Thank dogness for that floaty Golden Retriever butt……LOL

Good Job Mackenzie!!!!

9.   cometdogon 17 May 2010 at 9:27 am

Miss Mack! What the H! You have now set the bar too high for any of us! I look like an orange drowning rat compared to your swimming video! And here you are going all “Michael Phelps” on us! Sheesh!

Plus, you get a tropical paradise to swim in! I’m guessing your pool didn’t cost $129.00 like mine (with the filter)!??!!

Koby, Koby, Koby, Koby…standing on the sidelines is a Monkeybutt thing! Yep, ugly Monkeybutt does the same thing! You don’t wanna be an ugly Monkeybutt do you??? I’m just sayin’…

CCComet

P.S. Are you as sore as I am today, Mackenzie? Man, I had to do 15 minutes and I can hardly walk!

10.   vampirebillsmomon 17 May 2010 at 10:15 am

That is excellent!! You should definitely be proud, what a great accomplishment! 😀 Vampire Bill says he wants to try now. you guys made it look so fun, he can’t help himself 🙂

11.   Sophie's mom (Tana)on 17 May 2010 at 11:50 am

I had to come back and watch Mackenzie swimming again. It really did make me tear up. You know when you see someone doing something they are really meant to do – when they have found their “calling” – they get this blissful look. That’s your beautiful girl – check out her face in the end-shot. Bliss. Ball in her mouth. Swimming. Oh yeah.

12.   credocanison 17 May 2010 at 2:28 pm

Words may not be able to describe it, but the smile this put on all of our faces pretty much sums it up.

I think I watched it ten times, and by the end I was lauging out loud. Float coat, schmoat coat.

You should be proud. And yes, silly Kobe, however I get the feeling that Mackenzie is a-okay with being the only one in the water.

You go Mackenzie! You go!!

13.   etgayleon 17 May 2010 at 3:29 pm

wow…now you have my sister all teary eyed too!! i’m majorly impressed with your pure strokes and wonderful dives!! you might even convince me i should try the water…

gayle

14.   Carmen (Catie's Mom)on 17 May 2010 at 5:35 pm

That’s just too, too lovely. Thank you for sharing.

15.   jack crowderon 17 May 2010 at 6:33 pm

My dad watched your video five or 6 times and giggled and laughed and had a wonderful time. He even sang along with the song, why do pawrents do things like that, just weird.

Mackenzie, you are simply amazing! A golden girl in the water with a huge smile on her face, that is so cool! Thanks for the video!

I think all of us golden girls should get together and have a pool party at Mackenzie’s, whose coming to Makenzies house????

16.   Gingeron 17 May 2010 at 7:10 pm

Mackenzie, your are one sweet golden California girl. You can swim better than I ever could with all four legs. I’ve always been a little bit more like Kobe — not a big fan of the water. Now, all you need to do is get yourself a surf board and ride those waves. I can see it now – you catching the waves while “Surfer Girl” plays in the back ground. Keep those videos coming 🙂

17.   Opon 17 May 2010 at 7:33 pm

Oh MacKenzie, you have made my week. Opie loved to schwimm so much, I just knew he was going to be able to do it again before he went to the bridge, but the damn winters up here are sooo long and the ice is just now starting to pull back from the local lakes. He couldn’t hold out. Watching you is so satisfying. I watch you and think, “that is how Opie would be.” He loved to schwimmm! Kobe, just do it! You will never want to get out of the pool! Goldens are meant to schwimmmmmmmmmmm! Keep having fun, Mack! You are looking awesome!
    Opie’s mom

PS. I am dating myself now. We used to sing Cal Girls on the bus headed to the High School football games except we would emphasize the part about “Northern girls.” Bwaaahahahahahah.

18.   Mackenzie's Momon 18 May 2010 at 6:48 am

Thank you all so so much for all of your wonderful comments!! I am just smiling from ear to ear – the proud tripawd swimmer mom and happy that everyone enjoyed this.

Schwimming….. when I made this video I thought of Angels Tehya, Opie (Maximutt at the beach), Jake, Jerry and all of our other tripawd angels who loved the water too. I bet they’re doing a lot of schwimmmmmming at the bridge together now – what a wonderful sight that must be :).

And Kobe?? I don’t know what we’ll do with him – it’s unfathomable – a golden afraid of the water – monkeybutt in the making! 🙁

To quote Sophie’s mom ….bliss, ball in mouth and swimming…what could be better than that??
    Thank you all again for such wonderful support!
    xoxo
    Kami (Mackenzie’s Mom)
    P.S. OP’s mom, I was always an East Coast girl until I moved and became a Cal girrrl….

19.   Carmen (Catie's Mom)on 18 May 2010 at 7:58 am

I’ve watched this video so many times since it’s been posted and want to thank you again, Kami. Mackenzie SOOOO reminds me of Catie. Catie shares the same love of water and she’s an effortless swimmer too. She’d be in heaven in that pool. Riley LIKES swimming but he’s not as graceful as Catie – he’s noisy and boisterous and swallows water while Catie glides around like an otter. We need to visit a lake for her soon.

As for Kobe – I simply don’t know what to say. 🙂

20.   Mackenzie's Momon 18 May 2010 at 4:34 pm

Hi Carmen – LOL! I can only imagine how graceful Catie is and how maybe not so graceful Riley is. At least you can get Riley in the water even if it comes with lots of noises, splashes and probably snorting too :). I bet if you do take Catie swimming, she will be a real natural in the water just like Mackenzie – it’s just so beautiful to watch.
    Kami
    P.S. I won’t tell you how many times I’ve watched this video, not to mention making my husband, family and friends watch it too! 🙂

21.   Carmen (Catie's Mom)on 18 May 2010 at 7:29 pm

How did you know about the SNORTING too!! 🙂

22.   anyemeryon 18 May 2010 at 7:55 pm

Mackenzie, you are our hero! (heroine?) Holly would come to a pool party at your house, but would end up hanging out with Kobe – she doesn’t like to swim or schwim at all! She has a new baby sister who is part golden (she’ll do a blog about her tomorrow – we’re all too tired tonight!) and we’re hoping she’ll like to swim. Maybe you could teach her!!
    Hugs,
    Jolly Holly and her mom

23.   Cherryon 28 May 2010 at 6:14 pm

Kami and Mackenzie,
    Dad needs to get overy here and view these great posts. I actually saw a smile as he watched all the play in the pool. Personally, I never really got into that thing, but is first two Standard Poodles (liter-mates) used to love it. Sandy would do the dive like Mackenzie while Cassy would go down the steps and never get her top knot wet. You two definately are making sure that you treat the spirit as well as the body.
    Thanks, Thanks, Thanks – Dad needs to smile more often.

24.   Chloe's momon 26 Aug 2010 at 4:30 pm

Pretty sure she scored a perfect 10 on each dive!!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS